« All Events
Virtual TF-CBT Training and 12 Consultation Calls
October 14 - October 19 $600.00
The Missouri Academy of Child Trauma Studies Invites you to attend a training in:
TRAUMA FOCUSED COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an evidence-based, trauma focused treatment for children and teens between the ages of 3 and 17. TF-CBT is a skills-based treatment model that decreases PTSD and depressive symptoms in children and teens and improves the relationship between children and their caregivers. This is a year-long training, offered by TF-CBT national trainers Kate Drewry, LCSW, and Matt Kliethermes, Ph. D. through the Missouri Academy of Child Trauma Studies.
- Interactive training delivered via zoom on October 14th, 15th, 18th, & 19th, 2021
9am-12pm Central (10am-1pm Eastern / 7am-10am Pacific)
- 12 monthly consultation group meetings
- This training will not be recorded. To become eligible for TF-CBT rostering, all four days of training must be attended live
- Contact Hour Certificates will be provided
Training fee: $600 per person
- Must have a master’s degree or higher in a mental health field and be licensed or license eligible.
Complete TF-CBTWeb (https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/) and provide a certificate at the first day of training. TF-CBT web is a separate fee of $35 to be paid on the website.
Will be expected to complete 3 TF-CBT cases over the course of the year.
Will be eligible for rostering in the State of Missouri following completion of training requirements and eligible for national certification in TF-CBT.
It is recommended that participants read Treating Trauma and Traumatic Grief in Children and Adolescents, 2nd Ed.