Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Basic Training SOLD OUT
March 17 - March 19$400.00
THIS TRAINING IS SOLD OUT!
Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Basic Training
Date: Mar 17th-19th (3 days)
Time: 3/17 & 3/18: 8:30AM – 3:00PM PST; 3/19: 8:30AM – 12:00PM PST
Cost: $400 per person, inclusive of Basic TF training and 12 consultation calls
Location: Virtual event. We will use the Zoom platform, and an invitation will be sent to registrants closer to the conference.
1) Participants must have a device that allows for both audio and visual transmission
2) Participants must be visible on the screen for the full training (minus planned breaks, of course!)
– Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the training
– Full refunds for cancellation are awarded up to 7 days before the start of the training
Must complete the TF-CBT web-based learning course prior to this 2-day training.
– TF-CBTweb can be found at https://tfcbt2.musc.edu/
– This web-based training provides 11 CEs and costs an additional $35
– You will be asked to upload your completion certificate prior to checking in to the 2-day training. You can upload it at www.tfcbtconsulting.com. Click on the Registration section and upload the file.
– The completion certificate does not expire. If you completed the course XX years ago, just print out a copy of your certificate and present it to the trainer.
Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) is a heavily researched, evidence-based form of therapy designed to treat children who have experienced a traumatic event and struggle with subsequent emotional and/or behavioral problems. The model treats children with an array of trauma histories, including children with multiple and complex traumas in their lives. To learn more about TF-CBT, please visit: https://tfcbt.org/
This course is designed for mental health professionals who work with children who have experienced trauma. It is an intermediate level course.
3 Day Agenda
8:30 AM Intro to childhood trauma/TF-CBT
10:00 AM BREAK
10:10 AM TF-CBT foundations
11:25 AM BREAK
11:35 AM Psychoeducation
12:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM Parenting
2:30 PM Break
2:40 PM Relaxation
3:00 PM END
8:30 AM Affect
9:00 AM BREAK
9:10 AM Cognitive
10:45 AM BREAK
10:55 AM Trauma Narrative
12:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM Trauma Narrative (continued)
2:00 PM BREAK
2:10 PM Trauma Narrative (continued)
3:00 PM END
8:30 AM Trauma Narrative (continued)
9:00 AM Conjoint
9:30 AM BREAK
9:40 AM In vivo
10:10 AM Enhancing safety
10:40 AM BREAK
10:50 AM Graduation and Secondary Traumatic Stress
11:20 AM Calls and certification
11:40 AM END
Trainer: Alicia Meyer, Ph.D.
Dr. Meyer is a nationally certified TF-CBT trainer. She is the Executive Director of a non-profit agency devoted to the assessment and treatment of traumatized children. She is also the former Director of Mental Health at multiple Child Advocacy Centers (CAC) and an expert in trauma informed care for children. She often teaches these principles to community providers, the courts, child protection agencies, and States Attorneys. Her particular areas of expertise include child maltreatment and healthy parenting practices, and she conducts forensic assessments related to these issues. She is also often called upon to provide expert witness testimony to the courts.
Please contact Dr. Meyer at [email protected] or 301-351-7257 for questions about the course or to make ADA accommodation requests.
Identify at least 3 ways that trauma impacts child development
Be able to reference at least 3 pieces of research discussing the evidence supporting the use of TF-CBT
Identify and describe the rationale for each component of the TF-CBT model
Describe 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Stabilization phase
Describe 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Trauma Narrative phase
Describe 2-3 strategies to accomplish the goals of the Integration phase
– Psychologists: 13 CEs. Alicia’s Place is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alicia’s Place maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
– Social Workers: Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) 2-Day Training, Course #2699, is approved by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program to be offered by Alicia’s Place as an individual course. Individual courses, not providers, are approved at the course level. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ACE course approval period: 10/16/2019 – 10/16/2021. Social workers completing this course receive 11.5 Clinical Practice & 1.5 Ethics continuing education credits.
– A completion certificate is provided to the trainee at the conclusion of the 2-day training. In order to receive this completion certificate:
Participants must fully attend all training days
Complete and turn in a course evaluation
Listed here are the criteria to become a certified TF-CBT therapist: https://tfcbt.org/tf-cbt-certification-criteria/. This 2-day training and subsequent consultation calls meet some of the certification requirements, but please note other steps are necessary before receiving TF-CBT certification. Although encouraged and generally beneficial to therapists and their organizations, certification is optional.